ETS2/ATS Mod Utility
A simple utility to fix a few issues with mods for Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator. Designed for Linux, may also work on MacOS.
- Convert dds files from DirectX to OpenGL format
- Create quick jobs for trucks without them by modifying dealer configurations
- Install dependencies (python3, tqdm, imagemagick)
- On Ubuntu this can be done by running
sudo apt install python3 python3-pip imagemagick followed by
pip3 install tqdm
- Download the converter by clicking the 'Download' button at the bottom right corner of this page
- Extract the SCS file for the mod (In most cases these are zip or rar files which can be extracted with utilities like Ark)
- Open a terminal inside the extracted mod (Make sure you're at the same level as 'manifest.sii' and the 'def' folder)
- Copy the 'modConvert.py' to the current directory (You can use
cp path/where/you/downloaded/it/modConvert.py . from your terminal or just copy it with your file manager of choice)
- To convert dds files and create jobs, run
python3 modConvert.py --dds --jobs. Alternatively, you can omit either '--jobs' or '--dds' if you only want to do one.
- Either repack the mod into a zip file and put it in your mods directory, or just put the extracted mod folder into your mods directory